
I don't know how many people actually read my blog, but if you do please keep my baby in your prayers. When we went to get the ultrasound yesterday, the technician found something wrong with the baby. There was not enough water in the bowel area. They said that it could just be that she did not drink that much of the fluid that morning, or it could be an indication of Down Syndrome. The doctor said that there are no other indication's that the baby has Down Syndrome but they want me back in four weeks to make sure. Surprisingly, I am not too worried. I'm just thankful that the heart, brain and other parts of the body turned out okay. You would never wish your child to have a disability, but I feel like if the baby does have Down Syndrome, it would not be the worst thing in the world. Since I had a brother who died, I have always had that in the front of my mind. Not to be pessimistic but just being realistic. I feel blessed to have seen such a boy and the miracles that he has brought to our lives. My brother has helped me see that even in the pain there is beauty. So, if it is Down Syndrome I know that she and us, her parents, will be okay. But just pray that everything goes well and that whatever happens God will give us the strength to deal with it!
3 comments:
I read your blog regularly and will be praying for you guys. We will love her too no matter what the best we can from Oregon. That's a weird sentence but I can't find a better way to word it. You're right, she'll be a delight no matter what. Keep us updated on your next appointment.-Katie
Sara, I think it is great that you have such a good attitude about this. I think it would be easy to be discouraged by such news, but you seem to be handling it well. I know that everything happens for a reason, but sometimes its hard to see that at the time. It is so beautiful that you can see that today. I love you and will love your baby girl too for sure!
Sara - how are things going?
Post a Comment