Drumroll please!



So I went to get my ultrasound today. And I can't believe this but I am having a girl! I'm a little scared but everyone keeps telling me it is going to be okay. With the way that the women are in my family and Abraham's, she will be quite a handful. Don't get me wrong, the women in our families are strong, independent and good-hearted but we are all as stubborn and headstrong as mules. My mother is wonderful and I feel blessed to have such a wonderful and strong woman to look up to. However, I also know that there are many responses that I do not want to inherit. I can already see my mother coming through when I interact with my niece who is rather similar to me. And it scares me. Every parent messes up and it is inevitable, but it still scares me. I just need to remember to be conscious about my responses to my daughter. Thank God I can see how wonderful and big-hearted those women are. My sisters and I have turned out okay, so I need to remember that!

1 comments:

Dan said...

From WikiAnswers:

A female goat is called a doe (more polite term) or nanny. A mother goat is called a dam.

Hm... Maybe some name choices for you there? Nanny Suastez has a nice ring.