
TODAY if it was Election Day? I sit here listening to Barack Obama at the Democratic Convention and I feel such a struggle inside. Being brought up in a Republican home it is hard for me to let go of that. I am definitely in the middle. It is hard when you are not okay with abortion but you are still considered a "bleeding heart" because of your concern for the poor. And it also sucks because I like John McCain as our Senator in Arizona. He did a lot of work for reform in immigration. That holds a special place in my heart because of the huge effect it has on the people I love! However, it is time for me to let go of the old and figure out the new! So, really who would you vote for?
4 comments:
I vote for SARA B IS PREGNANT!
Spread the word!!!
John McCain seems more of a choice to us recently.
For me, its Obama all the way. For many reasons, I support him and believe that what he says he'll do would be helpful for our country.
I've debated some about switching from republican to democrat partially because of the abortion issue. I decided though that having a republican president doesn't stop abortions from happening. They continue because women in desperate situations think they can't afford a child or handle a child. What Obama wants to do about this is help the women in poverty so that they may see a child as a gift instead of an impossibility. That seems like a reasonable and wise response to the issue.
I recommend www.factcheck.org, it is very informative and cuts through the propaganda in the commercials
Post a Comment