Sorrow



I just found out that a good friend of mine (who must remain unnamed at this point) had a miscarriage and my heart breaks as I think about it. I just found out last night but had to seriously hold myself back from planning to go this weekend to see them. Realistically, I knew that it would not be possible to go. At my work, there are so many parents who are pregnant that really need to not be. One is 16 and has an eight month old in our class. She really does not need to have another because she is already struggling with being a good mother to the first. Then there is the one that already has four kids and whose "husband" tried to get a paternity test on the last one they had. Not a good relationship! Then there is one who is getting a divorce and hasn't told her ex that she is pregnant (not his). Plus, who can forget all the kids at Neighborhood who are pregnant or just had a baby! I can hardly count them and they keep popping up! I know from experience that God gives us children who are sick or are miscarried for a good reason. I think that kids are one of the things that can really get us outside of ourselves and make us question our faith in God, especially when things go bad. I know that my brother that died was here for a reason and I would not have changed it for anything! But it still makes you question Him. But maybe that is important. It is only when we question things that we can really examine our faith. It means we are alive and can feel both joy and sorrow. If we cannot do that then what is life worth?

1 comments:

Dustin and Katie said...

Dude, I need your address and your e-mail address! Not sure if this is the best way to get it seeing that it's been awhile since you updated. . . .love ya and miss ya! Update us on your life!! -K